“do not be anxious about anything,”
1. After identifying it, Refuse the anxiety!
“…but in everything by prayer”
2. Tell Jesus how you’re feeling and ask for some specific help.
3. What other practical body, soul and spirit things can you do for yourself (breath, take a walk, eat something, exercise, call or message a friend, journal, let the emotions out, ask for prayer, speak the truth and claim the ideal outcome out loud)?
“…with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”
4. What are all the things you have to be thankful for? Make a list and thank God out loud!
“…And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
5. Speak this out and thank God for His peace, notice how you can feel it in your body and what it makes you want to do, share the peace with others.
“…Finally, brothers, whatever is true,”
6. Write and say what is actually true in the situation (also known as “the facts”).
“…whatever is honorable,”
7. Write and say what is actually honorable (dignified) in the situation.
“…whatever is just,”
8. Write and say what is actually just (righteousness) in the situation.
“…whatever is pure,”
9. Write and say what is actually pure (holy, Godly, good) in the situation.
“…whatever is lovely,”
10. Write and say what is actually lovely (beautiful, healthy) in the situation.
“…whatever is commendable,”
11. Write and say what is actually commendable (admirable, positive) in the situation.
“…if there is any excellence,”
12. Write and say what is actually excellent (great, hopeful, successful) in the situation.
“…if there is anything worthy of praise,”
13. Write and say what is actually worthy of praise (affirmable) in the situation.
“…think about these things.”
14. Spend some time looking at, saying and meditating on all of these great things.
“…What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things,”
15. Visualize what practicing these things looks like in your life & get feedback from people how you’re doing at practicing peace.
“…and the God of peace will be with you.”
16. Celebrate and enjoy the peace you’ve partnered with Jesus to create & receive, share it with others and rejoice in it!